Saturday, February 14, 2009

Springfield Community Garden

One of the great things about living intown is access to parks and open spaces. These things are bikable and walkable because everything is so close together. A lot borrowed from The Pearl has been converted into the Springfield Community Garden by my friend Jennifer. Jennifer has recently moved out to work on a local organic farm, but the garden is doing really well. I have my own plot and often grow my own vegetables from seed

Here are some recent pickings:




Not only does the garden serve to beautify a vacant lot, but it acts as a place for the community to come together,and it is also a great way to learn new gardening techniques from each other.

Community gardens are another great way to eat locally and try new heirloom varieties or specimens that you might not get in the store.

If you are interested in the Springfield Community Garden and want info on participation then email me here

No comments:

Post a Comment